- When you meet new people with Gaelic first names, you can tell them what it means.
- You start celebrating St. Patrick's Day and you ain't even Irish!
- You scour gift shops and doggy boutiques looking for absolutely ANYTHING with a Kerry on it.
- Your knickknack shelf has all the Kerry things you could find
- You want to travel to Ireland to find more knickknacks!
- You cut short your holiday because your Kerry might miss you
- You choose films or camera that take 'good' photos of dark gray/black dogs.
- Your dog attends your wedding as your Best Man (mine did!)
- You think every black dog in a car MIGHT be another Kerry
- You get a T-shirt made with a picture of your dog that reads "No- damn it, I'm am NOT a giant Scotty"
- You like showing Kerries because they are ALWAYS in the middle of the showing order no matter if they start with Airedales or West Highlands
- You choose clothes that "go with" your dog
- You search the Internet for a book on Irish baby names to call your new pup
- You actually ENJOY grooming
- You think single-mindedness is cute!
- You like picking or melting snowballs off your dog's legs
- You begin to wonder what German Shepherds or Poodles would look like with a beard.
- You stop being startled when you have cold water dripped on your leg after your dog takes a drink.
- You begin to wonder if other dogs are sick because yours has so much energy
- You realize that you'll NEVER own another breed!
You know you are hooked on Kerry Blue Terriers when....
Share This Article
Question of the Week
Today is October 20, 2017
In this month in 1959:
Ch. Tailteann's Rare Gem, bred, owned and handled by Eileen McEarchren of Ontario, Canada, wins Best in Show in Bermuda.