Submitted by Marilyn Brotherton
Kerry people are a special breed not usually recognized by the CKC/AKC.
- They usually have crates in their living rooms.
- They keep messy houses, but their kennels are spotless.
- They can always find a show catalog within an arms reach. And they have kids who know more about the birds and the bees when they are five than most people know at 40.
- Kerry people will drive 400 miles, spend $100 on gas, $200 on a motel room and $150 on meals to bring home a 25 cent ribbon.
- Kerry people drive trucks, vans, and motorhomes equipped to haul crates. And they can never be reached on weekends, unless you happen to be at the same show.
- They have trouble getting to work on time but can be at ringside by 8:00 a.m.
- Kerry people will give up a $150,000 home in the suburbs to move to a shack on 10 acres so they can have a $150,000 dog kennel.
- Kerry people have children who grow up believing "Bitch" is just another household word
- Kerry people have lush green yards and never buy fertilizer.
- Kerry people pay the mortgage 10 days late BUT never miss a closing date for entries.
- Kerry people would rather be audited by the IRS than investigated by the AKC.
- Kerry people use dog food bags for trash and trash cans for dog food.
- Kerry people talk on the phone for hours to another dog person in a language known only to dog people.
- Kerry people have parents and family who think they've lost their minds, neighbors who think they're strange and doggy friends who think they're terrific!!