- Maximum for dog, 40 lb. (18.14 lb.)
- Not to exceed 21 inches (53.3 cm)
- Soft or hard, but soft preferred, plentiful.
- Strong, showing plenty of hair, cheek bones nearly level with face, slight stop, nose black, nostrils large and wide, eyes dark, black or dark hazel, a light eye objectionable, teeth level, large and white, gums and roof of mouth black, ears not too large and thin, carried in front or close to the side of the head.
- Not too thick, moderately long.
- Straight in front, bone good, feet compact, not spread out, pads strong and rounded, black toenails.
- Medium length, not long over loins.
- Moderately well sprung.
- Muscular, well developed, strong hocks, hind legs well set under dog. Dew claws to be absent.
- Medium in thickness and well carried and gaily.
- Blue of any shade from light blue to dark blue or blue and tan (i.e. tan on head and legs).
- Active, hardy, and handsome.